The Sydney Harbour Splash is a fun and exciting ocean swimming event for competitors of all ages and abilities.
Located on Sydney Harbour, this iconic new swim starts at Rose Bay and follows the coastline. Swimmers will enjoy views to the Harbour Bridge as they swim.
The 1km is a great distance for people looking to try their first ocean swim. Our 2.5km option is just right for fast n' flat hit out, and finally our 5km is for those that want to round out the ocean swimming season with a bigger challenge.
Join us on April 23rd for a splash in the world's best harbour - Sydney!
SWIM START TIMES
2.5km & 5km: 8:45am
1km: Early bird - $30 | Standard - $35 | Late+OTD - $40
*Must be 9 years or older on race day
2.5km: Early bird - $40 | Standard - $45 | Late+OTD - $50
*Must be 13 years or older on race day
5km: Early bird - $60 | Standard - $65 | Late+OTD - $70
*Must be 16 years or older on race day.
*Early bird entries open 31st January - close midnight 28th of February.
*Water safety will be supplied for all 3 distances, no additional support vessels needed.
*Cut off time for all swims is 10:40am.
2.5km & 5km
19 & under | 20-29yrs | 30-39yrs
40-49yrs | 50-59yrs | 60+
2.5km & 5km Male/ Female
1st - $200 | 2nd - $100 | 3rd - $50
AGE GROUP CATEGORIES
5km and 2.5km Male/ Female
1st - prize | 2nd - prize | 3rd - prize
*If you place 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall in either the 2.5km or 5km you are not eligible for an age category prize.
MR AND MRS AVERAGE
Award for the most average time (male and female) in the 1km distance.
- Transport NSW provides great public transport options with Bus, Train & Ferry.
- Take advantage of their great trip planner located here.
- We are looking at suppling a ferry service from Manly to Rose Bay on the morning of the swim.
- Rose Bay Ferry stop is only a 2 minute walk from Woollahra Sailing club.
- There is a large, public car park right next door to the Woollahra Sailing club. Unrestricted after-hours parking is also available on New South Head Road.
- Registration opens at 7:00am inside Woollahra Sailing Club
- All swimmers entered online need to bring some form of ID to pick up their race packs inside Woollahra Sailing club.
- Your race packs include your timing tag and swim cap.
- On the day entries closes 30 minutes before each event starts.
- Cash payments only please.
- There will be a bag drop tent located in the compound at Woollahra Sailing club from 7:30am – 11:30am.
- You will be required to fill out a bag sticker with your wristband number and attach it to your bag for minding.
- Please note the event will take care of your belongings, but no responsibility will be taken for valuables or clothing that are lost or damaged.
- Sydney Harbour Splash ocean swim is a late in the season event, water temperatures can keep people in the water longer than their average swim.
- We allow wetsuits to be worn but you will not be eligible for a prize.
- All the results will be posted up inside the Woollahra Sailing club prior to the presentation. They will also be online at www.splashseries.events later in the day.
- The presentation of prizes to the winners and place getters will take place inside the Woollahra Sailing club.
FOOD & REFRESHMENTS
- After your great achievement it’s time to relax and enjoy the camaraderie at the Woollahra Sailing club. The team will have their fantastic cafe open serving breakfast including delicious Bacon and Egg rolls. There will also be liquid refreshments ready to go after 10am.