SATURDAY - JANUARY 26
The Sydney Harbour Splash is a fun and exciting ocean swimming event for all ages and abilities. Returning for its 2nd year on 26th January we will be celebrating Australia Day the right way with a splash in the world’s best harbour! The iconic swims start at Rose Bay and follows the coastline giving participants stunning views to the Harbour Bridge as they go.
This year we are adding a splash of fluro and teaming up with OneWave, a non-profit surf community tackling mental health issues with a simple recipe...saltwater therapy, surfing and fluro. Dress up in your brightest outfits, bring your biggest smiles and get involved in our novelty Surfboard Challenge. Profits will go to OneWave.
Swimming Australia are proudly supporting this year’s event and inviting everyone to take part in Australia Swims, a 9-day celebration of water. The first 600 entries in any of the swims get an exclusive Sydney Harbour towel, valued at $40, so grab your friends & family and enter before Nov 30 to also save $20 on the final entry fee.
*Early bird entries close Thur 30th Nov.
*Standard entries close Thur 18 Jan.
*Water safety will be supplied for all 3 distances, no additional support vessels needed.
First 500 event participants to enter any of the swims gets a free exclusive Sydney Harbour Splash towel valued at $40.
1st, 2nd, 3rd male & female - Optus 1km, 2.5km & 5km swims
AGE GROUP WINNERS
1st, 2nd & 3rd male & female - 2.5km & 5km swims
19 & under | 20-29yrs | 30-39yrs | 40-49yrs | 50-59yrs | 60+
*1st, 2nd & 3rd overall are not eligible for an age category prize.
*Participants wearing wetsuits will not be eligible for prizes unless the water temperature drops below 15 degrees.
MR AND MRS AVERAGE
Award for the most average time (male and female) in the Garmin 5km swim.
1st male & female across the line | Best dressed
*All size paddle boards are accepted but to be eligible for a prize your board must be 8 feet or under and must be a surfing style board.
SWIMMING NSW SUMMER SWIM LEADER BOARD
We're joining forces with Swimming NSW and some of Sydney’s most iconic 5km open water events this Summer to create the Swimming NSW Summer Swim Leader Board!
Swimmers can earn points by competing in one or all of the five of the included races including ours. The more you enter, the more points you get! You do not need to be a member of Swimming NSW to enter any of the races and inclusion in the Summer Swim Leader Board is completely free!
Participate in our Club Challenge by registering your club as a team. Points will be up for grabs for each distance and the team with the most points will get the glory! Bragging rights are on the line, as well your team name engraved on a perpetual trophy and a $200 food & drink voucher to share at the Woollahra Sailing Club.
*Please note, entries on the day do not go towards your clubs points.
- Transport NSW provides great public transport options with Bus, Train & Ferry.
- Take advantage of their great trip planner located here.
- We are looking at suppling a ferry service from Manly to Rose Bay on the morning of the swim.
- Rose Bay Ferry stop is only a 2 minute walk from Woollahra Sailing club.
- There is a large, public car park right next door to the Woollahra Sailing club. Unrestricted after-hours parking is also available on New South Head Road.
- Registration opens at 7:00am inside Woollahra Sailing Club
- All swimmers entered online need to bring some form of ID to pick up their race packs inside Woollahra Sailing club.
- Your race packs include your timing tag and swim cap.
- On the day entries closes 30 minutes before each event starts.
- Cash payments only please.
- There will be a bag drop tent located in the compound at Woollahra Sailing club from 7am – 11:00am.
- Please note the event will take care of your belongings, but no responsibility will be taken for valuables or clothing that are lost or damaged.
All the results will be posted up inside the Woollahra Sailing club prior to the presentation. They will also be online at www.splashseries.events later in the day.
PRESENTATION, FOOD & REFRESHMENTS
After your great achievement it’s time to relax and enjoy the camaraderie at the Woollahra Sailing club. The team will have their fantastic cafe open serving breakfast including delicious Bacon and Egg rolls. There will also be liquid refreshments ready to go after 10am. The presentation of prizes to all winners and place getters will also take place here.
Instagram - @splashseriesevents
Facebook - @splashseriesevents